Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Article Review #1 "How Teachers View Technology"

In the article "How Teachers View Technology" by Linda Starr, statistics were reported from an educator survey conducted by CDW-G. The survey reflects current educator opinions about technology in the classroom. As expected, the majority of teachers felt that technology improves student learning as well as teacher communication with parents. I agree completely with the statistics reported in the survey. I love the Parent Access program that our district uses to allow parents to view their student's current grades, assignments, and attendance. This makes it so easy for parents to contact me by email if they have questions or need clarification. Additionally, I agree with the opinion that the biggest problem with technology in the classroom is lack of computers. I have no student computers in my classroom and it does hinder the amount of technology that I and my students are able to incorporate. I thought this article was right on the money when dealing with current educator opinions on technology.

No comments: